Each of the reserves is painted with botanical renderings of flowers which are named underneath; those in the border are ‘Pied-d’Alouette, Coquelicots & Jasmin Jasor‘ and in the centre ‘Roses Panachées‘. Marked with the date letters PP as well as ‘Sèvres RF an 3eme‘ for 1792.
This plate formed part of a service in stock until 1800 when it was sold to the Parisian dealers Maison Lemercier. Much of the service is in the collections of the Earls of Leicester at Holkham Hall, Norfolk, UK. Two matching tureens are in the French National Museum of Ceramics at Sèvres.