This tea service (déjeuner Hébert) has the factory mark enclosing the date letter H for 1761 on most pieces. Several have the painter’s mark X for Jacques-François Micaud père (active 1757-1810) whilst the teapot has the mark of a cursive g for Leopold Weydinger père (active 1757-1806). The pattern of trelliswork decoration was called ‘mosaïque‘ in the Sèvres manufactory’s archives. In 1760 Louis XV presented a dinner service of this pattern, painted with birds rather than flowers, to the Elector Palatine which is displayed in the Bayerisches Nationalmuseum and the Residenzmuseum in Munich.
Other services were made at Sèvres with mosaïque decoration with flowers painted in all of the reserves. These were delivered in August 1761 to the Comte de Châtelet; in November 1761 to the dealer Claude Bonnet; in June 1762 to the Comte, later Duc, de Choiseul-Praslin and in December 1767 to an un-identified purchaser.
Clearly teawares were made of this pattern and some with green rather than blue triangles in the borders.